Monday, August 1, 2011

In Bushel Number 4 we have....

Bushel number 4 arrived on Thursday, it was full of sweet corn and cucumbers.  We had 6 cucumbers and 10 ears of corn in this box. In addition we received 2 eggplant, 1 zucchini, 1 summer squash, 1 sweet onion, 1 head of garlic, baby chard, lettuce, basil, dill, 1 kohlrabi

The arrival of the sweet corn and cucumbers was timed perfectly, as I was able to incorporate both items into the menu for Stella's birthday part over the weekend.

I will be posting full details of the birthday party and menu. I am hoping to have it up by tomorrow. This evening was spent trying to get organized after the busy weekend.

I will give you a sneak peak of a couple of the items I made with veggies from this bushel.

Roasted Corn and Bean Salsa
Greek Pasta Salad
Sliced Tomatoes with Fresh Basil

Stay tuned for the complete party menu and recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...