Sunday, August 14, 2011

Challah French Toast Stuffed with Mascarpone

Apparently this was the weekend to re-create dishes from Father's Day.  I used my recipe from Father's Day Breakfast as my inspiration and made a few tweaks, delicious tweaks at that.  This morning I made Challah French toast stuffed with Mascarpone topped with fresh fruit.

 















Ingredients
  • a loaf of Challah bread
  • Mascarpone Cheese
  • 3 eggs
  • Skim milk (1/4 cup)
  • Nutmeg
  • Cinnamon stick
  • Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
  • Apricots, Pluots and Blueberries
  • Powdered Sugar

I used the Challah bread from Trader Joes again and also picked up the TJ brand of Mascarpone cheese.  Because I was using two slices of bread this time, I tried to slice them a little thinner than 1 inch.  In a bowl whisk together 3 eggs and approximately 1/4 cup milk. To the egg mixture add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Grate fresh nutmeg and fresh cinnamon into mixture.

I put a tiny bit of butter in the pan before cooking the french toast.  Spread some mascarpone on 1 side of each slice of bread. Put the slices together like a sandwich with the Mascarpone in the middle and dip the bread into the egg mixture. Be sure both sides are covered.  Let excess drip off back into bowl. Cook in pan until slightly browned on both sides.  Cover with fresh blueberries and slices of fresh apricots and pluots. Top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

This meal was rated 4 asparagus spears


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...