Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Last night I was flying solo since my husband was out of town.  After work I brought S with to run a few errands so by the time we got home it was pretty much bed time. We followed our usual routine of reading, having a bottle, saying our prayers and then off to the crib she goes.  But there seems to be a gap between 8:30 pm when I came down from putting S to bed and 9:45pm when I realized I hadn't eaten dinner. So I looked around the kitchen to see what I had in the fridge that could be made very quickly and grilled cheese was the winner.  One issue, I didn't have any sliced American or cheddar cheese.  Time to improvise...
  • I cut two slices of Challah bread and buttered one side of each slice
  • I took some Whole Foods Apricot Goat Cheese spread and put a little on one of the inner sides of the bread.
  • Layered on two slices of tomato
  • Added a little basil
  • Topped it off with a few crumbles of Point Reyes Blue Cheese
  • Grilled it up and it was surprisingly delicious!


Chris would like me to point out that he did not take this picture since there were shadows in it.  I told me that I have lost my foodographer license.  Ha, ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...