Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pan Seared Scallops with Champagne Grapes

I have been looking for recipes to incorporate our Champagne grapes and found this on Epicurious.  It was absolutely delicious, I'm so happy I came across it.

Menu
Sliced Tomatoes with Basil
Pan Seared Scallops with Champagne Grapes and Almonds
Polenta

The best part about this recipe is it doesn't take long to prepare at all.  I was actually in a huge time crunch tonight trying to get dinner ready so my husband could take Izzy to the vet.  I was able to make this in a very short period of time, definitely less than 30 minutes.  I did have to skip the Almonds considering that was the one item I forgot at the grocery store. However, I'm not sure the dish actually even needed them.


As far as the polenta goes,  I had some that comes in the little tube that you basically just have to heat up. To prepare I put it in a pot and melted a small amount of butter and then seasoned it with a little thyme and salt and pepper.  I used a whisk to break it up and stir to get a smoother consistency.  The tomatoes were simply sliced, drizzled with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and sprinkled with fresh basil.


This meal was rated 3.5 asparagus spears



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...