Friday, August 12, 2011

Beef Enchiladas

I didn't have a lot of time to spare for cooking tonight so I made something that was pretty quick to prepare.

Menu
Beef Enchiladas
Avocado, Black Bean, Tomato Salad
Spanish Rice

Avocado, Black Bean, Tomato Salad
2 tomatoes, diced and seeded
1/2 cup of diced red onion
1/2 cup of black beans (I used some canned beans that were drained and rinsed)
1/2 Avocado, diced
juice of 1 lime
Salt
Mix ingredients together in a bowl

Beef Enchilada
  • Brown 1 lb of Lean Grass Fed Ground Beef with 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
  • Drain grease and add the meat and onion back to the pan
  • Add 1 Chipotle pepper (diced) and 1/2 tablespoon of Adobo Sauce. I used San Marcos Chipotle Peppers.
  • Add about 1/2 the package of enchilada sauce, I used Red Chile Enchilada Sauce by Frontera
  • Turn heat to low and let simmer
Meanwhile grate your cheese, I used V & B Supremo Queso Enchilado. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  I cook the enchiladas in a 9 x 13 oven safe pan (I suggest spraying the pan or coating it with a little olive oil so the enchiladas don't stick)

When making the enchiladas, take the tortilla and add a small amount of the enchilada sauce. Spread the sauce all over the tortilla, I used El Milagro Flour Tortillas.  Add cheese and meat. Roll up the tortilla. Use a little more of the enchilada sauce as a glue to keep the tortilla closed. Add a little more sauce to the top of the enchilada and sprinkle with cheese.

Ready to go into the oven
Place in the oven on 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Top with some shredded lettuce and the Avocado, Black Bean, Tomato Salad. A little sour cream is always good too!


As far as the rice goes, I went with old reliable... Goya Spanish rice. It's delicious every time and easy to make.

This meal was rated 4 asparagus spears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...