Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Well that was fun....

It looks like I will be posting about tonight's dinner sometime tomorrow. I did make the meal I planned and was able to make a plate for my husband. I didn't get to eat myself since the baby was ready for bed. As soon as I walked into the kitchen to eat after putting her to sleep the weather got really bad! We ended up in the basement during the storm. I attempted to bring the baby downstairs without her waking but no such luck! I might have had a chance if it wasn't for our dog barking like crazy at the excessive wind, lightning and thunder. Thankfully the storms have passed and the baby is back to sleep. It will be interesting to see what the yard looks like in the morning. We can tell part of a tree is down and hanging over our neighbor's fence. Another tree has an interesting lean going on. My husband walked down the block and said there were some trees blocking the road. So my guess is we will not be getting our power back any time in the near future. Thank goodness it cooled down a bit after the storm. I hope everyone else in the area stayed safe. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...