Thursday, June 23, 2011

I may have pushed my luck...

My husband is forever teasing me about how I put mushrooms in everything and the frequency in which I make asparagus.  As I was deciding what I was going to make for dinner tonight I realized we haven't had mushrooms in quite a while (a little over a week).  So I decided that tonight's menu would not only include mushrooms but I would also throw in the leftover broccoli as a side. As you recall from last night's meal we are just introducing broccoli to my husband again since he has disliked it for so long. When he walked into the kitchen and saw me plating the dish he said "Broccoli again, really?"



Menu
Chicken Marsala
Broccoli
Arugula and Red Leaf Lettuce Salad

I used Tyler Florence's Chicken Marsala Recipe which can be found on foodnetwork.com. Since I was just cooking for two I basically reduced the ingredients by half with the exception of the mushrooms.  My favorite part of chicken marsala is the mushrooms so I used 10 oz of sliced cremini mushrooms in my dish tonight.  I also used dry marsala wine versus the sweet Marsala wine he recommends.  This recipe is really easy to follow and its delicious. 

I served the chicken marsala with a mixed green salad and the dreaded side of broccoli.  As far as the salad goes I used a little arugula and some red leaf lettuce.  I added sliced radishes, cucumbers, grape tomatoes,  some pitted kalamata olives and a few crumbles of goat cheese.   I used Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette , which I highly recommend.   It's also delicious with just romaine lettuce or fresh greens accompanied by some sliced strawberries and red onion.


This meal also pairs well with the same wine from last night, Wente 2008 Riva Ranch Chardonnay.
After it is all said and done I think my husband may have a new appreciation for both mushrooms and broccoli because he really enjoyed dinner tonight.  Either that or he was just really hungry!


This meal was rated 4 asparagus spears


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...