Saturday, June 18, 2011

Casual Dinner

We had a busy day today so tonight we had a very quick and easy meal. Plus I am saving my energy for tomorrow since I will be making Father's Day breakfast and dinner.

Menu
Ready to go in the oven
Bruschetta (trying to finish up the leftovers from earlier in the week)
Homemade pizza

Tonight I used a recipe that was recommended by my sister and her husband. We have made this pizza several times and it's delicious. The Triple Jump Pizza Recipe can be found on runnersworld.com

I was very excited to use some of our fresh spinach from the first bushel of veggies.  I don't follow this recipe exactly when I make this pizza.  For example, I used 3 garlic cloves and probably 2.5 cups of spinach.  As a result I end up using additional cheese, plus my husband LOVES cheese!

As far as the pizza crust goes I have been using the 365 Organic Original Pizza Crusts from Whole Foods. They come in a package of two and are really easy to use and quite tasty.  For the spicy sausage I have been using The Original Brat Hans Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage which is also from Whole Foods.


Yummy!

Using my husband's rating scale he said this was 4 asparagus spears. So give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...