Monday, June 13, 2011

Fresh Herbs

Last night when I discovered that my cilantro plant was quite sparse (ok, pathetic) I realized that my mint, basil and flat leaf parsley plants were aplenty.  As a result I’ve decided on a few dishes for this week that will include some of the fresh herbs we have blooming. 

We haven’t grilled in a few days so tomorrow I’m going to make Flank Steak tacos.  You are probably thinking "she puts mint in her tacos?"  Don't worry, that is not the case.  I put mint in my mojitos which sounds like a perfect complement to Flank Steak on a warm spring evening.

Wednesday night we will have manicotti since I already have a box of shells and it will use a good amount of the parsley and basil plus a little mint.

Frankly I wish I had made the Flank Steak tonight because a mojito would have hit the spot and definitely would have been more enjoyable than my trip to the gym!

I've already made the marinade for the steak and the pico de gallo.  Tomorrow afternoon I will have my sous chef, my sister, add the steak to the marinade. I may even ask for her assistance with making the guacamole so I have one less thing to do when I get home.

I can hardly wait for dinner tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...