Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Hula Girl Coffee Rub

Menu:
Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa
Island Teriyaki Udon Noodles and Vegetables






Recipe:

Pork Tenderloin
Lightly cover bottom of oven safe dish with olive oil
Generously cover pork tenderloin with Hula Girl Coffee Rub. I used 1/8 cup of the rub. The tenderloin I used was 1.5-1.75 lbs.  I started cooking the tenderloin on 350 degrees but turned the oven up to 375 towards the end to try to get a bit of a crust on the pork.

Mango Salsa
2/3 cup frozen Mango chunks, defrosted (diced)
1/2 large jalapeno pepper (diced)
2 slices of red pepper (diced) - approximately 1/4 cup
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
6 cilantro leaves chopped
 (I would add a little more cilantro next time around. Unfortunately my cilantro plant looked quite sad so this was all of the cilantro I had)




Island Teriyaki Udon Noodles and Vegetables
1/2 Red and Yellow Pepper (sliced)
4 large button mushrooms (sliced)
Remainder of the red onion used in the salsa (sliced into chunks) - approximately 1 medium red onion
a bit of chopped ginger root (approximately 1 tablespoon)
1 3/4 cup of bok choy (chopped)
5 baby carrots (sliced)

Cook above (reserve the green parts of bok choy until the end) in 2 tablespoons of Toasted Sesame Oil.  After a few minutes of cooking at 1/4 cup of Soy Vay Island Teriyaki.  Continue cooking on low. Add a dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. I prefer to keep a bit of crunch to my vegetables.

In a separate pot cook Udon noodles as directed.  I used Koyo Organic Udon Asian Pasta.  The package comes with 3 separately wrapped bundles of noodles. I used 2 of the 3 in my recipe.  Once your noodles are finished drain them and add them back to the pot you cooked them in with 1/4 cup of the Island Teriyaki.  Stir to cover the noodles. At the same time add the green parts of the bok choy to finish up the vegetables.

Combine noodles and vegetables in a serving dish. Sprinkle with Sesame seeds.



Slice pork tenderloin and serve with Mango Salsa.







Next time around I would probably sear the pork tenderloin first before putting it in the oven to get a nice crust on it.  My other option would be to grill it which was my original intent. I realize these are probably not the best directions for making this dish. I tried to write it down as I was cooking but I will try to do better with documenting next time around. 

From a timing perspective this took me about an hour and twenty minutes total to make. That included prepping vegetables and plating the dishes and quick break to entertain the baby.

If anyone tries this dish I would love to hear your comments.

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love all of the color, and the mango. I've never cooked with bok choy, but it's on the list to try. Fantastic looking meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this tonite- Delicious!!!! 4 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SNKidd - I'm so glad you liked it! You were the first person yo try one of my recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...