Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lamb Chops with a Cherry Balsamic Glaze

Prior to the severe storm last night, which actually appears to have been a tornado, I did manage to cook the lamb chop dinner I had set out to make.

Menu
Lamb Chops with a Cherry Balsamic Glaze
Sautéed Spinach
Rosemary Potatoes




Lamb Chops
I had just over 1 lb of lamb chops and they were very easy to cook. I used my electric frying pan.  I just browned them on both sides at a high temp and then let them cook at a lower temperature for maybe 10 minutes.  I simply used some salt and pepper for seasoning.

Cherry Balsamic Glaze
On a low heat simmer the following ingredients:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup of diced bing cherries
1/4 teaspoon fresh oregano, diced
a dash of sugar (maybe a tablespoon)
some sea salt and fresh cracked ground pepper
I let this come to a boil and then lowered the heat. Stirring on a regular basis.  The cherries didn't break down as much as I had hoped so I used small strainer and smashed the cherries up leaving the chunks in the strainer and put the liquid back in the pan.  I let it simmer and cool a bit to get it to the consistency I was looking for.

Rosemary Potatoes 
about 5 baby red and 5 small yukon gold potatoes (halved or quartered depending on size)
3 garlic cloves, diced
approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil
Fresh rosemary leaves, approximately 1 tablespoon
a dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/4 of a small white onion, diced
Combine all ingredients in an oven safe dish. Stir well before placing in the oven to make sure potatoes are coated evenly with olive oil and spices. Cook on 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.

Sautéed Spinach
In a sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 3 minced garlic cloves. Be sure not to let the garlic burn.  Slowly add about 5 heaping handfuls of fresh spinach. It will cook down pretty quickly. Stir occassionally. Season with a little salt and lemon pepper.


I cannot give you my opinion of dinner since I didn't actually get a chance to eat, however, my husband said it turned out well. He rated is 3.5 asparagus stalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...