Friday, June 10, 2011

Purpose

As my family and friends know I LOVE to cook and entertain. Although sometimes I think I may enjoy the menu planning as much or maybe even more than the actual cooking.  Who doesn't love coming up with an exciting menu and then complementing it with a beautifully set table? OK maybe only I do.  Unfortunately over the last ten months I haven't done a whole lot of either. I suppose adjusting to motherhood and working full time has gotten me out of my old routine. However, I am declaring this summer as my opportunity to get back into the kitchen to cook and party plan.

My husband and I recently joined a CSA, Angelic Organics. This means we will be receiving 3/4 of a bushel of fresh organic vegetables and herbs every other week through late October.  The timing of this couldn't have been better.  Our daughter is starting to eat table food so I now have the motivation to get organized and back in the kitchen to cook healthy meals for all of us. So there are two immediate challenges:

  1. Cook healthy balanced meals at least 5 times a week
  2. Plan our daughter's first birthday party and menu

Thursday, June 16th is our first delivery of vegetables.  I can hardly wait to see what type of veggies we are going to receive and what I will have to cook with! From there let the menu planning begin...

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to do the veggie co-op. Let me know how it goes. Can't wait to hear the party menu too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...