Tuesday, September 6, 2011

San Francisco

We said goodbye to S at 8:15 a.m. Saturday morning for five days and I was much more calm than I thought I would be. This was our first vacation without her. After a couple weeks of anxiety about leaving her I finally realized that by the time she made it down the street she probably had already forgotten about me. She was going to be splitting her time with Chris's parents and my parents which means she was going to be spoiled like crazy while we are gone. I will say I was very happy when we got to the security line at Midway and headed right for the expert line as opposed to the family line. There is something to be said about traveling without a stroller, car seat, diaper bag, etc. The whole security and boarding process is so much easier.

We got to 10,000 feet so I turned on my iPad with the hope of entertaining myself for the next 4 hours. I soon realized that I should have taken Chris up on his offer to load some additional items on it. All of the apps I use regularly are web based so clearly the are not accessible while in airplane mode. I really haven't loaded too much music on it yet so there was a very limited selection to listen to, thankfully I had my iPod in my purse. The video selection consisted of Sid the Science Kid episodes or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. While I find Sid to be cute I think I deserve a break from him for the next few days, so People magazine had to suffice as my entertainment.

Once we landed in Oakland mission #1 was to get In-N-Out Burger which was a success.








Mission #2 was seeing the Sea lions at Fisherman's Wharf. I had envisioned a lot more of them but we got to see them so this was also a success.




The remainder of our San Francisco stop consisted of dinner and some drinks. It was quick stop but we had a good time. I definitely would like to go back sometime so that we can see more of the city.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...