Sunday, September 25, 2011

Homemade Apple Pie

I finally got around to making the apple pie on Thursday night and I am glad that I did! It was so good. I was a little hesitant since I was using the filling that I had put in the freezer a few weeks back. However I don't think you could even tell it had ever been frozen.  To make the filling check out my prior post, Apple Pie Filling.

I just used a freezer pie crust filled it with the defrosted Apple Pie filling.  For the topping, I took 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, approximately 3/4 cup of flour and 3/4 cup of light brown sugar and just continued to mix it together until it was like a dough almost.  Then just broke it up into pieces on the top of the pie. Bake on 400 for 30-40 minutes.

We ate it warm with a nice little scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Delicious!  We have so many apples and pears I think I am going to try and make some more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...