Monday, September 26, 2011

How could I forget...

In the midst of our crazy week last week I somehow forgot to post and foodograph the Italian beef sandwich recipe I made.

Ingredients
Rump Roast (I used a 3.69lb roast)
12 oz of Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 medium/large onion, sliced
12 oz pepperoncini
2 extra large beef bouillon cubes

In a zip lock bag add 6oz of the Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout, the 2 smashed garlic cloves and the rump roast. Let marinade overnight.

In the morning, place the contents from the the zip lock into a crock pot minus the garlic cloves.  Add the slices of onion and the pepperoncini including the juice.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  The meat should just fall apart with a fork.  Add the bouillon and season with salt and pepper.  Let cook on low for another hour or two.

Serve on italian bread rolls.  I have some leftovers in the freezer, I will have to foodograph next time around but I can assure you it was quite tasty!

This meal was rated 4 asparagus spears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...