Thursday, September 29, 2011

Caribbean Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup

I found this recipe on epicurious and it sounded very interesting so I thought I would give it a try, Caribbean Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup.  I followed the recipe for the most part but based on many of the reviews I noticed a lot of people said that it needed more spice, wish I would agree.  As a result I increased some of the measurements.  Please see the link above for the oriignal recipe, below I have included the tweaks I made.

Ingredients
·         2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
·         1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
·         1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
·         1 14-ounce can light unsweetened coconut milk
·         1 cup canned vegetable broth
·         4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
·         2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
·         3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
·         a pinch of cayenne pepper
·         a teaspoon of chili powder


Preparation
Stir cumin in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat 30 seconds.  Add pumpkin, beans, coconut milk, broth and 4 tablespoons cilantro.   Bring soup to boil, stirring constantly.   Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes to blend flavors.  Add chili powder and cayenne pepper.  Mix in lime juice and lime peel.  Season soup with salt and pepper.  In each bowl add a few drops of Cholula Hot Sauce.


The recipe says this makes 2 servings however I would say it's more like 4 servings



This meal was rated 4 asparagus spears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...