Thursday, September 8, 2011

Apple Pie Filling

The day before we left for Napa when I should have been packing, I came across this recipe for Freezer Apple Pie Filling on the allrecipes.com.  I had several Gala apples that needed to be eaten or baked so this seemed like the perfect recipe.  It even had a calculator to adjust all of the measurements for making larger or smaller batches which I found to be quite helpful.  It seemed pretty straightforward and not very time consuming so I went for it.  I followed the recipe almost exactly except for the cinnamon and nutmeg measurement.  I only had cinnamon sticks and whole nutmeg so I just grated each until it looked like a reasonable amount to add to the apples.

I will have to let you know how it turned out once I actually get around to making the pie, perhaps this weekend we can whip one up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shannon! That looks YUM! Let me know how it turns out. Glad to see that you had fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...