Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Birthday Extravaganza Part II

We began our day at Oakville Grocery picking up sandwiches, olives and cheese for lunch. This is my kind of store. I picked up an olive and fig tapenade which I can't wait to try when we get home.


Our first winery stop was Newton Vineyard which was wonderful. The scenery on our tour was absolutely breathtaking. You can see a wonderful view of the Napa Valley from Spring Mountain. They have beautiful gardens, great views and delicious wine!













We tried their Red Label Chardonnay, 2008 Unfiltered Chardonnay, 2008 Unfiltered Merlot and 2008 Unfiltered Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2007 Puzzle during the tasting. They had some wonderful food pairings with the unfiltered wines and the Puzzle. I think this was my favorite winery visit on our trip.

We quickly got down Spring Mountain and headed over to ZD for our next tasting.



Prior to our visit I had only had their Chardonnay which is great, however I found out yesterday they also have some wonderful reds. I don't even think I could begin to go through all of the wines we tried on this tour because we had a lot of them.



Our next stop was just down the road at the Miner Family Vineyards. We had a blast on this tour/tasting. They also had some great wines.











We continued on to the Auberge du Soleil for drinks on their terrace where we met a friend who moved back to San Francisco a few years ago.





We ended our evening at Redd for dinner. The food was spectacular. We ordered the pork belly, lobster risotto and heirloom tomato bread salad for appetizers to start. Everything was delicious. We all thoroughly enjoyed our entrees and the desserts were phenomenal. This was Chris's favorite meal of the trip, which worked out well since we went for his birthday.

I would say our trip was a great success! We had some wonderful meals and phenomenal wines. Thanks to Becky for carting us around. We ended up only joining 3.5 wine clubs so we have a lot of great wines to look forward to enjoying. I also bought the Domaine Chandon cookbook so hopefully we will also have a lot of great meals to look forward to as well.

While I had a great time I'm definitely looking forward to getting home to my baby...I miss her so much!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...