Sunday, July 24, 2011

Omelet Cups

This evening I thought I would make a quick batch of omelet cups so that I have something to bring to work for breakfast and S could try something new.  I’ve made these in the past and they are super easy and quite tasty. Basically you can take any meat, veggies and/or cheese that you would normally put into an omelet and instead you cook them in a muffin tin.  They give you a perfect small serving of an omelet that can be easily re-heated.  I typically store them in twos, so that I can just grab a package and re-heat them in the microwave at the office.

Tonight I used the following chopped vegetables: onion, green pepper, cremini mushroom, tomato and chives.  I also added a small amount of white cheddar cheese.  The one thing I failed to do before starting this whole process was to check how many eggs we had.  I quickly found out that we only had 2 left, as a result I now have an overabundance of chopped vegetables.  I guess I will have to pick up a dozen eggs tomorrow and make another batch later in the week.  In the meantime, this recipe is on a smaller scale than normal since it’s based on two eggs only.

In a bowl combine, 2 eggs whisked with a splash of milk, salt and pepper.  Add 1 tablespoon of each of the following chopped onion, green pepper, cremini mushrooms, tomatoes and chives.  Mix well.  Add ½ slice of white cheddar cheese cut into small pieces.   Lightly apply cooking spray to the muffin tin.  Add ¼ cup of egg mixture to each of the muffin sections, I was able to get four omelet cups with this batch.  Bake on 325 degrees for approximately 15 minutes. 


Here are a few suggestions of omelet cup combinations:
Diced Ham, Cheddar Cheese, Mushroom, Green Pepper and Onion
Spinach, Tomato and Feta Cheese
Turkey Breakfast Sausage, Cheddar Cheese, Mushroom and Onion

1 comment:

  1. These sound awesome and are such a good idea. We have some eggs that I've been wondering what to do with so now I know :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...