Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Let's go straight to dessert!

I certainly will not win any awards for healthy eating based on last night’s meal, if you can even call it that.  Nor will I get any points for eating a meal with any nutritional value; unless of course you can pull a morsel of nutrition out of a maraschino cherry.  Chris and I had Oberweis Hot Fudge Sundaes for dinner last night.  That’s right we skipped dinner and went straight to dessert.  Hopefully the fact that I went to the gym prior to eating this fine meal offset some of the calories I consumed in a mere five minutes.

At least one person in our house ate something nutritious last night, S had turkey, cantaloupe and a ton of blueberries i.e. her new obsession.   I should seriously look into getting a share of a blueberry farm. I have never seen anyone, let alone an infant, house so many blueberries in a sitting.  Is it possible she may turn blue?  The other fruit that she can’t get enough of is Kiwi.  When she sees you slicing it, she claps and screams with excitement. It’s really quite cute!
The good news to omitting dinner all together, we were able to get our new desk into the office and set up.  Tonight’s task is hanging a shelf and pictures.  The new desk chair, reading chair and ottoman are scheduled to be delivered on Saturday.  I will be so relieved once it’s all set up because I was starting to feel like a hoarder with everything out of place.
It looks like tonight I will be cooking something quick and easy and hopefully on the grill. I can't imagine having the oven on with the current temperatures in Chicago.  The hi today is 97 degrees with a real feel temperature of 111 degrees. I am so thankful for air conditioning.

1 comment:

  1. Babies LOVE blueberries. Parents do not love blueberry diapers.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...