Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bushel Number 2

We received our second bushel of veggies last Thursday as we were leaving for vacation. The contents included garlic scapes, scallions, 2 heads of lettuce, 2 heads of cabbage, beets, baby kale, Swiss chard, basil, summer savory, curly parsley, zucchini, summer squash.

I was actually quite sad to part ways with it, as I wasn't sure it would all last until we returned.   As a result, I shared the lettuce and some of the herbs with my mom.  I brought the Swiss chard and baby kale with me so I could make dinner at my brother’s one night. We kept our fingers crossed on the rest hoping it would make it until we got back; I am happy to report that it did. 

In addition to cooking with our new veggies, I am also very excited about the cured meats we have to enjoy.  I mentioned in "My Faves" section the Gilt Taste website, if you haven't checked it out already you should because it's wonderful! I placed my order last Monday afternoon and received it on Wednesday.  I'm not sure if I am more excited about the Prosciutto or the Pork Belly.  Clearly, I am not going to win any sort of healthy eating contest with our recent order but who doesn't love some cured meats, fine cheeses and vino!  If you have any pork belly recipe recommendations please send them my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...