Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Night BBQ

Tonight's menu was certainly not fancy. We wanted to grill something and use up some of our fresh veggies so this was the best I could do.

Menu
Cheeseburger with Grilled Mushrooms
Coleslaw

Coleslaw
Slice very thinly one small head of green cabbage
Slice very thinly 3/4 of a green bell pepper
3 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup of grated carrot
Hendrickson's Original Sweet Vinegar & Olive Oil Dressing

I realized after I made my coleslaw that there was actually a recipe on the dressing bottle for coleslaw that was very similar to what I made.  You can find the Hendrickson's Coleslaw Recipe on their website.

Cheeseburger
Add 3 tablespoons of diced red onion and approximately one tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to 1.5 pounds of ground chuck.  Generously season the meat with a steak/burger seasoning. Tonight I used Olde Thompson Steak & Burger Seasoning.

We also grilled some sliced cremini mushrooms for a garnish.  I sliced 5 mushrooms, drizzled them with olive oil and seasoned them with the Olde Thompson Steak & Burger Seasoning.  To cook them I wrapped them in aluminum foil and put them on the grill while the burgers were cooking. The cheese we used was a 6 year aged cheddar.

I also garnished my burger with ketchup, spicy brown mustard, sliced red onion, tomato and red leaf lettuce.  Normally we would use Labriola Pretzel buns but the grocery store was sold out so we ended up with Z Best Hamburger buns.

1 comment:

  1. I think this looks wonderfully yummy!! I'm salivating over that burger.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...