Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rick Bayless Quick Tostados -- Food Day Celebration

Clearly this post is a bit tardy considering Food Day almost a week ago but things have been a little crazy around here.  So better late then never I guess.  To celebrate Food Day I made the Rick Bayless Quick Tostados listed on the Food Day Website.

Last Monday when I made these I threw the chicken in the oven to bake while I went to the gym. It worked out nicely because they were ready to go by the time I got home.  I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and placed them in a shallow baking dish with a lid.  I seasoned them with salt, pepper, ground cumin and Mas Guapo seasoning.  The Mas Guapo is a seasoning that my husband found it has sea salt, paprika, garlic, onion, orange peel.  It's really tasty.  The nice thing about this recipe is that it really doesn't take much time at all to prepare. 

I have made tostados before but these were especially delicious.  I really liked the black beans.  I normally just leave the black beans whole but I think I preferred them mashed with the garlic. I also added a little tomato for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...