Monday, October 10, 2011

Jumped Back to a Summer Menu

We arrived in Naples, FL on Saturday night for our "girls trip". Last year when I was pregnant with S we decided to do a girls trip with my mom and sisters in Florida before I had her. Well this year my sister, Becky, is pregnant so we are back in Florida for our second girls trip; however this time S gets to enjoy it too.

I was a little worried about the flight down here since it was going to be our first flight with S being mobile; she was 5 months on her first flight and 9 months on her second. Now she is 14 months and a walking machine. But everything turned out great. She didn't get fussy until right at the end of the flight when everyone was a little restless. Our pilot said we were on the final descent and would be landing in 15 minutes, however that was not the case at all. We ended having to circle for a while because there was a bad storm which meant the turbulence was horrible. I am not a nervous flier at all, but on this landing I was a bit concerned because it was REALLY bumpy. It took about 30 minutes to get us on the ground and the whole plane clapped and cheered once we landed. S was done with traveling at this point of our trip, but she was a trooper.

My mom picked us up from the airport and we headed to her house. It's our first time being at their new house down here. It's really nice and S loves it because it's one floor so there are no baby gates keeping her from roaming freely. My mom made a very tasty dinner for us. I of course didn't think of taking pictures at the time but I thought I would post the recipes. She got them from the June 2009 Martha Stewart Living magazine. This is a perfect menu for an outdoor summer dinner.

Menu
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Garlic Oil

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Mustard

Grilled Potato Slices with Salt and Vinegar

Here is prego on the night we arrived and that is a non-alcoholic beer on the table.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is awesome! These look YUM! Say hi to all the girls for me! Becky is such a cute prego! Hope you girls have the best trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...