Monday, October 10, 2011

Kim's Fairytale Wedding

My sisters and I spent 2 hours both Sunday and Monday nights watching "Kim's Fairytale Wedding" on E! I know I shouldn't really be surprised but the actual wedding footage was maybe 5 minutes, which was a little disappointing.

Megan made us dinner on Sunday night and we enjoyed some bubbles!

Menu
Arugula, artichoke, Proscuitto pizza
Mixed green salad with black radishes





Before cooking...




The final product...









On Monday night Becky and I made dinner.

Menu
Fall greens with mushrooms and red onion
Grilled Vegetables
Grilled Grouper Filets
Tropical Caprese Salad

As I mentioned earlier in the week we had just received our CSA delivery a couple days before leaving for vacation. Since we were coming down to my parent's house I decided to bring what I could with. Becky had also just received her delivery so she had a few things to also bring down. I'm sure TSA found the random fruits and vegetables packed in our luggage to be quite odd.

We cut the greens (Tatsoi, Kale, Baby Arugula) and combined them with a half of sliced red onion, 1 lb of sliced cremini mushrooms, salt, pepper, olive oil and a dash of ground red pepper. All of this was wrapped in foil so that it could be cooked on the grill. It cooked for about 15 minutes.



For the Tropical Caprese Salad I followed the same directions as my previous post from August with the exception of I replaced the White Balsamic Vinegar with Red Wine Vinegar. I also added sliced Pluots in addition to the mango. Please excuse the photo quality as I did not have my good camera with me.




We also grilled some eggplant, zucchini, and red peppers that were seasoned with salt and pepper and a little olive oil.




We simply seasoned the grouper filets with salt and pepper and drizzled them with a little olive oil. Each filet was about 6 ounces so they didn't take long to cook on the grill. (I forgot to photograph the fish)

We had a nice bottle of 2009 Newton Chardonnay with dinner which was delicious!

S tried the grouper and really liked it. Here are a couple S pics from vacation.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...