Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 8: Kolachky

Day 8 of the Twelve Days of Christmas Celebration continues with Kolachky. I never realized that publishing Christmas cookie recipes was going to take me down memory lane.  Here is another recipe my mom makes every year. This recipe is apparently one she got while I was in grade school because the name on the recipe card is the mom of one of the kids I grew up with, so thank you Mrs. Bolz for sharing this recipe with my mom.

Ingredients
1 lb margarine
8 tablespoons sugar
4 cups flour
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Solo pie fruit filling

Mix margarine sugar and vanilla with beaters.  Add the flour and milk and mix with hands. Take about a teaspoon of the dough and roll it into a ball. Place on cookie sheet using the back of a spoon make and indentation. Fill this will about 3/4 teaspoon of Solo pie fruit filling.  Bake on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar once they have cooled.



I apologize about not posting yesterday; we were busy with work and holiday parties.  I also wanted to be sure to include a photo of these so I had to wait for my mom to drop off a few of the ones she made.  Thanks mom, you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...