Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 5: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Day 5 of the Twelve Days of Christmas continues with Jean's Chocolate Chip cookies. The key ingredient to this recipe is Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening.  My mom received this recipe when they lived up in Wisconsin from one of Megan's friend; prior to that she had always made your standard Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies.  You have got to try this recipe if you like Chocolate Chip cookies, they are delicious!

I would like to wish my mom a Happy Birthday today and Congratulations to my sister and her husband on the birth of their son Lucien Joseph!!  We are so excited to meet you!

Ingredients
1 cup Butter Crisco
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 large egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
8ox or more of chocolate chips (we use 12 oz)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Blend Butter Crisco, sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla to mixture, continue to blend.  Slowly add your dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder to mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop rounded tablespoons full of dough to cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.  Let cookies cool slightly before removing from sheets.

1 comment:

  1. It looks very delicious. I try this recipe tomorrow. Today I have a lot of work. My boss watching me, so I'm not bored in work ;) Maybe I should change my office job? If I was a chef I might cook at work and nobody complaint :) Thanks for this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...