Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 1: Chocolate Crackles

We will begin the 12 days of Christmas celebration with my favorite cookie, Chocolate Crackles.  I always associate these cookies with Christmas since my mom made them every year.  As a kid I remember digging through the tins of cookies to find Chocolate Crackles and I would occasionally steal one or two.  Sorry mom, that is why you  never had quite as many as you thought you did for the cookie platters on Christmas Eve!!! 

On Tuesday I was at the office fairly late so when I got home and found a small plate of Chocolate Crackles on the counter it made me smile! My mom had been watching S that day so during nap time she baked Christmas cookies.  Thanks Mom :)

Ingredients
1 (1 lb 2 1/2 ounce) package devils food cake mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon water (sometimes you need a little more)
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
Confectioners sugar

Directions
  • Combine cake mix, water and shortening.  Mix with spoon until well blended.
  • Shape dough into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll balls in confectioners sugar.
  • Place on greased baking sheets.
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes
The recipe states that it makes 48 cookies (my mom has a note that she never gets that many)


1 comment:

  1. Your mom is awesome! I love her!! I'm super happy too, because A-those look delicious, and B-I have all of those ingredients on hand! Thanks for sharing this recipe Shannon! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...