Thursday, January 12, 2012

Roast Chicken with Carrots, Parsnips and Potatoes

As you can see I am a little behind on posting since the New Year.  I'm not really sure how it is already January 12th, the last two weeks seem like a complete blur.  It's hard to believe my new nephew is already a month old today!

Earlier this week I made Roast Chicken with Carrots, Parsnips and Potoates for dinner. It was really quite delicious! I must thank my mom for getting everything together and putting it in the oven for me so we could eat at a reasonable hour. I made this with the intent of having the Chicken and Vegetables for dinner one night and making Chicken soup with the extra meat later in the week.

Ingredients
Whole Chicken
3 parsnips
3 large carrots
10 small red potatoes

In a Dutch oven, place sliced carrots, sliced parsnips and whole baby red potatoes.  Drizzle the vegetables with about one tablespoon of olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.  Place the whole chicken on top of the vegetables. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and some fresh rosemary leaves.  I had my mom add two bone in chicken breasts so that I had extra meat to make chicken soup later in the week.  She tucked them in under the chicken so they didn't dry out.  My chicken was right about 3 lbs so if you have a larger chicken you don't need the extra meat.

Cook on 350 degrees until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.  It took about 2 hours for my chicken to be ready.







This meal was rated 4.5 asparagus spears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...