Sunday, November 20, 2011

Standard Market

For months we have been waiting for the opening of Standard Market which is just down the street from our house.  Well it finally opened a couple weeks ago and we love it!  The market focuses on locally sourced foods.  They have a great wine and cheese section which we have been frequenting.  They have a huge seafood counter which I haven't gotten anything from yet but I am looking forward to it.  The meat department is great.  We have gotten a few items from there, but most importantly I am looking forward to the fresh turkey we ordered for Thanksgiving.

One of the things that Chris has found to be wonderful (besides the beer selection) especially when I am out of town is there Meal for Two dinners.  A couple Fridays ago we thought we would give one a try, it was Chicken Parmesan night.  For $14.99 you received, a salad, 2 large chicken breasts, fresh pasta and marinara.  The food was really good and the best part it was super easy to prepare.  I also couldn't believe the amount of food we got.  This is going to be great for a quick meal on nights when I am at work late and don't have time to cook.





Chris gave meatloaf night a try last week when I was at the gym.  I wasn't able to take pictures because he and S had devoured the meatloaf and mashed potatoes by the time I got home.  It also came with a side of steamed broccoli.  The best part in my opinion was he got his meatloaf fix (since I am not usually a big fan) and I didn't even have to cook.  Although I must admit I did try a little piece when I got home and it was quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...